Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Text Based Games

So lately I have been trying to master Javascript which a lot of people would say is not a hard language to master which is true I've been working on this language for about six months stop and go but the last couple of weeks have been nonstop which is good because I am working on making my first Text Based Game through Javascript and CSS


The game is a zombie game but I don't have a website that I could upload it to. I would like to create a bunch of games eventually and maybe host some from other creators but I really need a website so that I may host it. So go hit those shirts guys click that donate button all the cool kids are doing it! 




Anyway about the game, I have seen some text based games where you choose an option A or B and one will lead you to victory and the other will lead to death, my game on the other hand will be much more complicated because you can die but not just by choosing an option but you actually have a health bar, you have weapons to choose from, bandages to heal yourself when needed, and loads of zombies to fight that have different classes. 
There will be many routes in the story to choose from and they all lead to the epic ending but who you are and how you got there will all depend on the choices you made.
It is a turn based game which means you decide if you are going to heal yourself this turn or attack this turn, you will need a strategy. 


This game is not going to come out for a while but if you guys donate I could make this game even better and have much better features because right now I am limited on what I can do with this game, I can't have a user login, save game, or even post scores at the end. These are all things I would love to add to the game but right now it's just not practical.


I'm open for ideas so let me know what you guys think and maybe post some tips on how I could do certain things for the game.


Remember if you donate or buy a shirt it will really help with the production of this game =]

No comments:

Post a Comment