Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

Well Here We Go Again

So a while back I wanted to make a text based game where you chose decisions that alter the games result. Now if you are an avid gamer you will know that "The Walking Dead" came out with a game which is not only the same idea I had but even better because it was 3D rendered graphics, motion, and action. I only wanted text choices, text fights, and graphic images. Well now after seeing The Walking Dead I feel very discuraged to complete this game.

I really want to make a game though. I want to put my name on the credits and have people play it and rate it but so far everything I do seems to end because of something I have seen. So here is what I am going to do...

The game I will make will be original, it will be playable online for free, it will have an awesome story, and hopefully some nice graphics.

I have always been interested in writing, taking pictures, coding, and gaming. Maybe if I make a game with images used in the graphics I can code a game with a nice story that would include all my talents in one package. First thing is first, I have to write a story, once I write the story I will be able to judge what type of game it should be. I was thinking text based as my first game only because I wanted something simple that worked well in all browsers but thinking more about it I really want to have the player control characters.

I am having a little trouble with some of the coding though, maybe if someone reads this they might have the answer but I'm still going to be trying my best to work it out. Here is the problem. I am able to make a character move, jump, do actions, and even fall, but for some reason I have a problem figuring out how to have the character bump into objects. In other words if he walks into a wall he walks right through it, same thing with other objects I can't seem to make a physical element that changes the way the character behaves.

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. If you know anything about this please leave a comment or something.

From now on I will be posting videos, sound recordings, and text at any given time of any day just whenever I get an idea. If you read this blog then it will be a cool way for you to see what I am thinking. I might even write some of the story on here. I'll try not to write something here that will affect your experience with the game, everything I put on here will be mainly design and coding side of the game.

Thanks for reading guys I know I haven't been putting up tutorials or anything and that's because well there are a million sources for tutorials online and I also am working a lot.

I am looking for a partner to make some of these games I have in mind. I want to make a little game development company something that isn't expected to make money but makes games for the love of gaming, coding, and designing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment